Linked Data Finland
Below you find examples of datasets (services) published by LDF.fi, arranged according to their application domain.
- Finnish Wikipedia as Linked Data (DBpedia). First publication of the Finnish DBpedia linked open data via a SPARQL endpoint.
- WordNet. Large lexical database of English with translations collected by the Open Multilingual WordNet Project.
- MuseumFinland. The data behind the classic online application from 2004 that was rewarded e.g. the international Semantic Web Challenge Award.
- Semantic Kalevala and Folklore. Arguably the first publication of folklore as Linked Open Data in the world.
- Data from CultureSampo (Kulttuurisampo) (work in progress). Data from the CultureSampo application that got the Outstanding Paper Award 2011-2012 of the Semantic Web Journal.
- BookSampo (Kirjasampo). Data behind the famous collaborative Kirjasampo application of the Finnish Public Libaries that contains rich semantic descriptions of virtually all Finnish fiction literature.
- Semantic National Biography. First national history ontology created in collaboration with Finnish historians.
- World War I Linked Open Data. Result on an international collaboration regarding sharing data about war history.
- Finnish war victim databases published by the National Archives of Finland:
- WarSampo. Large heterogeneous sets of data about the World War II in Finland as linked open data. WarSampo (Sotasampo) portal is built on this data, providing different perspectives to war history.
- Finnish Law as Linked Open Data (Semantic Finlex). Finnish Law and law cases available as (Linked) Open Data for the first time!
- Finnish Geographic Names. Information on 800,00 Finnish places translated into Linked Data from the registry maintained by the National Land Survey of Finland.
Linked Open Universities
- Linked Open Aalto. Aalto University's pioneering work in opening its data repositories as Linked Data for applications.
- Bird Observations of the nation wide Tiira.fi Service. Collaborative citizen science data on the semantic web for applications, such as BirdWatch.
- Bird Observations of Halias Station with Hanko Weather Data. Exceptional dataset of systematic bird observations for ca. 30 years from the Halias bird observation station in Hanko linked with weather observation data.
- ONKI Light on SPARQL Ontology Service for thesauri. Large Linked Data collection of national thesauri developed into ontologies by the FinnONTO project 2003-2012.
- Agent Ontology. First attempt to create a shared national data repository of historical persons and organizations.
- Finnish Places as Linked Data. First attempt to create a shared national Linked Data repository of historical and contemporary places.
- Finnish History Events. First attempt to create a shared Linked Data repository of national historical events created in collaboration with Finnish historians.
- POI ontology. First attempt to create a shared Linked Data repository of points of interest (POI)
- News Repository. Creating a shared media repository for Finnish news and other media content as Linked Data.
- Russarö Weather Data. Russarö Weather Data in RDF format using RDF Data Cube Vocabulary.